Saturday, March 10, 2018

Ireland

I’ve worked it out.  Why I live in Australia, I mean.  It’s warm, and I can wear T-shirts and shorts, and bare feet, and go to the beach and climb things and not freeze.  Here, the cold bites me and I shiver and my bones are cold.  Here, it’s grey and dull and it’s raining again.  

I really do love Ireland.  It will always be “home” but I have to say that my last visit - in August - was more pleasant temperature wise!  I’ve survived 24 hours so far and I’m not sure how I used to survive it year round.  So very cold...

And maybe Lily would freeze.

It is so good to be back with Family.  I’m including everyone in that, of course!  It is very strange not to have Dad and J&S here - very odd indeed.  Excited to see Dad on Friday and then on the next Friday I head to Kenya for 10 days to visit J&S!

Little Aislinn (4) has been ever so friendly and sweet this time - last time she apparently adored me but showed this by avoiding me all the time!  I want to get the little girls Easter eggs, but as Aislinn is allergic to dairy and thence can’t have chocolate, I asked her what her favourite food was.  The response “I really love broccoli soup” was unexpected!

This afternoon, Ireland plays Scotland in the 6 Nations and I am very excited to see my first rugby match in years!  Hurrah! 

That’s about it so far... I think I should go turn the heater up 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment