Tuesday, November 20, 2018

More flying

D took me flying two days in a row, and it was incredible.  On Saturday, we flew around the Glasshouses and then over to Bribie Island.


Beerwah (L) and Coonowrin


The other side of Beerwah


Coonowrin (front L) with Tibrogargan directly behind it


Algae bloom and blue jellies off the coast of Bribie

There are many more pictures of the flight but these are all I have on my phone.  After flying, D reported to the CFI that the engine was popping a bit, so on Sunday we took out and cleaned all of the spark plugs and as our reward we were allowed to go for a free test flight, so off we went to Bribie again.  This time we took a passenger!


She wasn’t particularly appreciative of the steep turns

At some point I am going to learn to fly the aeroplane better - a Cessna 172RG.  So far I have taken off and done all of the things except for the landing - which it has been interesting to observe the steep profile and low flare height!  Sorry, Terry, they made me into a jet pilot... maybe next time...

We also climbed the Glasshouses again (obviously) which was a lot harder than simply flying around them!  But still exhilarating to get to the top.  

Tomorrow, I have my first recurrent sim, and in true Kate fashion have been procrastinating terribly when it comes to studying.  D has done his best to encourage me but things like baking H a burnt steak cake have got in the way.



Steak cake - we did blood red cake inside to look undercooked


The ensuing hilarity when he cut into its redness 

Now, I am sitting on the aircraft waiting to fly to Townsville and the captain keeps telling me my thumbs are going to fall off from typing so fast, and wants to know if he features on this blog.  Well, now he does.  You’re welcome.

In other news, I have my first recurrent sim tomorrow and that is slightly terrifying... watch this space...

PS did I mention I have a boyfriend?  And he is the best thing ever and it has only been two weeks☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment