Thursday, November 2, 2017

Wuccum

I'm not meaning to brag, but... (which generally means I am) I completed Tiberoowuccum carpark to carpark in 36 minutes, and that includes going the long way around the back.  I also ran most of the downhill and around the back because I forgot to load my backpack into the car and therefore didn't have any bug spray (or water, sorry, Lily).  Due to running, I managed to escape with only three mozzie bites and one tick.  Which I flung out of the car window in disgust as soon as it was discovered.  I am prepared for my neck to play up due to the running... but hopefully it doesn't!

I also did not stop to take any photos, as I was in a hurry.  I also told Lily to SIT and STAY at the bottom of the cliff part at the end - only to turn around at the top to see her scramble up alone!  I then descended... and she clung to the rocks whimpering, shaking and crying, until I picked her up and hoisted her down (no backpack, remember), so that lost me a minute or two.  Dumb dog!  At least she was able to get up!

Due to the tick on me, I have given her some tick medicine despite it not technically being due for another 10 days.  Call me paranoid, but both my neighbour and colleague have had paralysis ticks on their cats, and I don't want to go through that!

Now I'm hoping to go out for breakfast (if Kaitlyn EVER tells me the plan) and then it's off to work again.  No rest for the wicked! 


No comments:

Post a Comment