Thursday, February 15, 2018

(Backup) Blog as requested

I have read around thirty thousand books this week.  Okay, maybe six.  But that’s still a lot for someone who has got used to just watching Netflix.  I haven’t climbed as many mountains, but I have a few, although the temperature has been disgusting with incredible levels of humidity.


(l-r) Tibrogargan, Beerburrum, Tiberoowuccum and the Tunbubudla Twins (I think)

In fact, it is 0730 and it is already about 30 degrees outside and I am strongly considering putting the air conditioning on.  

Let’s see, what’s new?  I got offered a job - whoopee!  It is, however, in Canberra and on the ATR, and as such I am not very enthusiastic.  However, it’s a good option to prevent me starving to death, so to speak.  Two more assessments next week... and I am truly hoping that the first one works out, as it means I would be able to remain in Brisbane.


Sunrise climb up East Beerwah with Ben - mountains featured are Coonowrin and Tibrogargan (slightly covered by a tree)

Lily got to climb her third mountain - the Coochin twins, which I could perhaps class as two.  She loved it, and would have kept going forever, I’m sure.  Wednesday night, Manda and I climbed Ngungun for sunset which was awe taking.  Just incredible, and worth the soul destroying humidity on the way up.


The child, proud of her achievement


Sunset from Ngungun (looking over Beerwah with Coonowrin in front)

Thursday morning, we took the ever so excited Lily up Tiberoowuccum again, in a sort of bid to work off some of the doughnut calories we have been eating this week - I don’t regret even one calorie - and then we came home and I studied Responsibly for my job interviews.  I don’t feel quite so responsible this morning, hence blogging.

Tomorrow, which is Saturday, I have arranged for us to go to Booloumba Creek again, which will be very exciting - or at least, it will be if the storms hold off.  It has been an epic week for storms and we don’t want the creek to get too high or it will be dangerous to rock hop up it. 


Out and about with Lilith

Next week, as discussed, is a busy one with job interviews, and Terry arrives on Thursday night!  I am veeeeerrrrrry excited about this.  It will be so good to show him around - although I don’t think I’ll manage to drag him up the Glasshouses!  

No comments:

Post a Comment