Friday, February 2, 2018

One day, I’m going to look back at the beginning of 2018 and think it just a hazy memory.  One day I’m going to look back and laugh, and say “did that really happen?” and “that was such a weirdly ridiculous period.”  That’s what distance does, you see.  Perspective changes.

It’s been a lazy week in the House of Kate.  After two days of archery last weekend, my neck reacted violently and I spent two days in bed, and have spent the rest of the week resting - add the fact that the last two days have rained non stop, and I haven’t done anything at all!  I did have a fun beach day on Wednesday... E took a photo of me walking up from the beach...



This is what happens when a) your neck is sore so you bring a camp chair to support it and b) Lily runs on the hot sand and starts yelping with pain so you have to carry her to protect her soft little paws!

I have many job applications in at the minute... and currently in that phase where all I can do is wait.  I have been invited to apply for a job in Kazakhstan... but everything within me screams NOOOOOOOO... so I don’t think that will happen!

It is now the weekend... and hopefully I will get some assessments next week, and climb some more mountains!

1 comment: