Monday, July 30, 2018

An overdue blog

It’s about time I blogged.

It is also very cold in Canberra.  I didn’t attempt to go outside until 10am in a bid for it to warm up, but it was still about 10 degrees and gusting 30 kts for my walk up Mount Ainslie.



I took the obligatory photo looking down on the war memorial and Parliament House, and of course one of the airport in the distance.



It was about a 9k round trip from the airport although only an elevation gain of 280m.  It was, however, made a lot worse by choosing to set out immediately after a breakfast of milky coffee and a bacon and egg sandwich, so I had the most terrible stitch for most of the ascent.  Not cool.  I had intended on a fast pace but the combination of a very late night and the stitch made it quite a slow walk.  At least I did it, right?

This afternoon, all we have to do is fly back to Brisbane, which is a lot more friendly than yesterday’s Adelaide and Canberra totally 7.1 hours’ flying!  Then tomorrow morning I plan to climb Beerwah before work.  We end up in Cairns tomorrow night - that will be a lot more pleasant temperature wise.

Flying is actually really fun at the moment.  I get on extremely well with my trainer, and am loving the 717.  If anything, it all seems too easy, and I seem to be like waiting for it to get harder... but it doesn’t.  My final check is on Monday and Tuesday next week with an Adelaide return followed by a Townsville return.

And other than climbing things and flying, I don’t really have much to report.  Lily is at her fluffiest ever...


... and is still loving hiking with me!  I wish I could take her everywhere, but the mountain in the left background of this photo is not safe for a small dog.

That’s me for now... ciao! 


No comments:

Post a Comment