Thursday, August 9, 2018

Checked and Climbing

The blog has become slightly abandoned.  I blame this on work, climbing, Lily, and a general lack of interest/motivation.

Most importantly, the small Floof is okay, despite two vet visits, multiple broken nights, and two lots of antibiotics.  (& $1000). She also has a big shaved patch from the scans they did, which makes her look rather silly.  And Ceri brought me Sambuca from Auckland so here is a picture of Lily, her shaved patch, and my Sambuca.



No dogs were harmed in the taking of this photo.

No Sambuca was drunk either, as I went to work shortly after.

Which brings us to the topic of work!  My check was on Monday and Tuesday - it has to be four sectors for a check to line at this company, so it is usually broken over two days.  I did an Adelaide return on the first day and a Townsville return on the second day.  I did make a few silly mistakes, as one does on a check, but in general it went really well.  I astounded the checkie with ridiculous levels of knowledge... as I had a fair idea what he was going to ask, I went into - ridiculously - high levels of information, and he got frustrated pretty fast and stopped asking me questions. An example of this, when asked a memory item, would be to add that the QRH had nine dots between “FLASHING cargo smoke agent 1 discharge switch” and “PUSH”.  Like I said, ridiculous 😜.  (It worked)

The very first day after my check I got called off reserve to go to Canberra and that was almost scarier than the check.  My very first line flight!  Once there, it actually went really well - very relaxed and good fun, so now I have new courage to continue...

I have just been called off reserve again today, so that’s two for three this week with one more reserve tomorrow.  I guess it’s true that once you’re checked to line they suddenly need you!

I’ve still been trying to fit some climbs in around work.  Having been on lates for the last few weeks, I’ve been climbing in the morning before work.  It was strange this week climbing Coochin without Lily, as she was at the vet’s, so mainly I’ve been doing non-dog friendly climbs like Beerwah.  In fact, tomorrow morning I have a sunrise East Beerwah planned, as my reserve starts at 8 so that should have me home by then.



I found a very small shiny lizard on Beerwah yesterday that T surrounded with his hands to prevent it getting away while I took a photo.

That’s about all I’ve got... although hopefully tomorrow I will have some nice sunrise photos!  I do have some work photos... but I can’t post them publicly.  





1 comment:

  1. General lack of muse or not, don't stop posting on your blog - your readers need you!

    ReplyDelete