Thursday, March 20, 2014

He put a ring on it

I'm engaged!  It feels so surreal... is this really happening to me?  It was the night before last, after dinner, in the dark, and he said he wanted to go get something from my sister's house, so we walked down there... and picked up our dirty laundry (very romantic) and on walking back up, he paused just inside the main gates to HH and started taking photos of the lighted up house in the dark. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" he remarked.  "Don't you think the view is beautiful?"

"Well," I responded, with his camera balanced on my head to stabilise the photos, "it's rather cold actually." 

And then it happened.  Will you marry me?

What?  Really?  I think I may have verbalised my thoughts, looking with incredulity in the darkness at the faint glimmer of the ring.  And then, of course, I said yes... and I still can't get over it.


1 comment: