Saturday, March 8, 2014

I had high hopes for this journey.  Three circa eight hour flights with two hour stopovers.  This all went fantastically until on arriving in AUH we found out that our flight was delayed by six hours.

A glimmer of hope was found in that my Velocity card got us into the First Class lounge !  I have never been in here before and it is a long sight better than 'bizniz'.  We managed to secure ourselves a large couch and armchair and have each spent a two hour period so far lying flat on the couch sleeping - a nice change.

Also they have a proper kitchen and proper menu!  - nice!  A selection of danish pastries, croissants, muffins and fresh fruit for breakfast?  I don't mind if I do.

Now just over 2 hours until the flight... did I mention the complimentary spa treatments ?

Heh heh... 

Sad to be missing brunch with family and friends at home though :(


No comments:

Post a Comment