Monday, July 21, 2014


We're a month out, today.  And I am in Rocky looking at the view out of the window - not too bad for Rocky, despite the ugly roofs - but it is only 11 degrees.

Did I mention we're a month out?

This time next month I'll be getting ready.  Painting my face and struggling with my dress and maybe freaking out just a teency weency bit.  But I think I'm excited.  I think in between the there'ssomuchtodoaaaahhhh moments and the whycantitallbeoversothatwecanrelax and I'msodonetalkingaboutweddings there is an element of excitement.  I mean I'm marrying my best friend, and I can't imagine life without him.

One month today, I'll be preparing to declare my love for the rest of my life and... I'm excited.  

It's almost August.  It's almost happening, I'm almost not a B... any more and that is scary because the idea of not being who I was (in name, anyway) is so foreign.  Kate C... Weird!!!  Of course I am honoured to take Kurt's name but... what about being a B... I think I always will be in my heart ! 

The final countdown has begun, although I have tried so hard not to (despite Kurt's aunt prodding me every week on Facebook!) but ... 1 month... oh and 3 weeks until my parents arrive, I am so excited to show them everything, to share Australia with them, maybe they'll like it more than Ireland?



No comments:

Post a Comment