Monday, May 30, 2016

It's barely 0900 and I've already flown home, put laundry on, and cleaned my car.  I feel incredibly useful, but it's all downhill from here. 

It was a gorgeous morning in R, somewhat warmer than Brisbane at 15 degrees, with Brisbane hovering at just 12 when we landed.  It's getting to that time of year where I prefer to be on late shifts, but at least the sunrises are beautiful.



Some wally in the staff car-park opened their ute's door into the door handle of my car, so I need to get the paint repaired - hence washing my car before it goes to the shop (although let's face it, it was long-overdue for a clean anyway).  I haven't yet booked an appointment, as I'm away a huge amount at the moment and it's hard to think of a time when I don't actually need my car!

Lily is at the dog-sitter's, a last-minute arrangement this week as I wasn't rostered to do the overnight last week.  Unfortunately I can't pick her up until tonight and have to drop her off again tomorrow night for my next (3 day) trip.  I'm looking forward to cuddling with her even for just a day, and she has her booster vaccinations tomorrow (wow is it already a year?)

My calendar tells me that next week is my one year anniversary of being checked to line as a captain.  How time flies!  I definitely feel a lot more comfortable in my role than I did then.

I seem to be spending a lot of nights at the same port at the minute, although next week I will stay at my friend's house and claim the hotel allowance back - reasonable spending money for dinner out for us.  I have a reserve day away and we plan to go to the beach with the horses for a watery swim...

There's really nothing particularly interesting going on right now - as far as the house-building is concerned, I'm waiting on the contract to come back (hopefully at the end of the week) and am starting to save towards spending money for my Ireland trip in July - which is coming up soon but not soon enough!

And now I'll leave you with a picture of my puppy-dog, simply because she is so very cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment