Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Our instructor knocks on the table (or the wall) whenever he mentions something that “may” be in the exam - which I think is in a week or two.  He is a very enthusiastic, invested, and extra keen trainer, coming in early, staying late and sending us long emails of extra information that he forgot to tell us.  He looks like a cross between Dad, Eric B (HH) and George C (ATR), if you know who I am talking about.  He is actually employed by my new company but seconded to Boeing for six months, so we are lucky to have him for our entire rating as we are getting immersed in company procedures from the get go rather than having to learn them after the type rating! 

The downside to M’s investment is that we have less time in our days to do all the other required study on the type - ie the computer based training.  Thankfully we have quite a good schedule so we were able to go in on our day off today to catch up, and although the training is by the “firehose method” we are - for the most part - keeping our heads above water.

I got home early today - it is my day off - so took Lily for a walk and she was ever so excited.


The face of excitement

My sim partner, EPR, is very different from last time.  I find myself automatically putting him in the same box as B, and then reminding myself that he is nothing like him!  Instead, he is also a hard worker, and picks stuff up as quickly as I do so he is good to train with and we are both ahead of the game, according to M.  There is another crew on the same course as us and unfortunately they are struggling so I feel very blessed to have EPR.

We have already completed four of the fixed base sims - basically the full flight sim with the motion turned off.  Apparently this is cheaper.  We have a total of 11FBTs(fixed base trainer) to do, with progress checks at 7 and 11, and then 8FFS(full flight sims)  before our check (number9) and then we have a company check followed by a training day, which takes us all the way to June6.  What fun.

FBT5 is tomorrow, introducing the glories of reversal procedures so I should get back to studying non precision approach calls...

I just thought I would cave in and give y’all a blog to stop you complaining.




No comments:

Post a Comment