Friday, June 8, 2018

3 mountains

Yesterday morning, I woke feeling rather the worse for wear.  On Thursday we had a post type rating Italian themed celebration.  Everyone brought large quantities of food, so we proceeded to stuff ourselves and drink a bit too much Italian wine.  So, Friday morning I felt decidedly sick.  So... I decided to climb a mountain.

Ngungun was chosen because of its ease, and the fact that C&A could join in.  However. Having made these plans, J invited me to climb Beerwah.  How could I say no?  So off I trotted.

I have never felt more like throwing up!  I wasn’t actually sick, but it was a very painful ascent.  However, I did start feeling better by the top, maybe I sweated out the toxins!


In the direction of Coonowrin, Ngungun and Tibro, from Beerwah

After Having to leave John behind due to his trying to prevent more strays falling off the mountain, P decided she wanted to climb Tibro.  I dithered a little but then decided to join her, as she is almost 70 and not the most sensible person alone!  Tibro was surprisingly less painful than I expected, although chilly up top in the shade.


Looking back at Beerwah and Coonowrin from Tibro

And then, of course, I had to descend as fast as I could to meet up with C&A.  I missed the first ascent up Ngungun, but I wanted to be there for sunset.


Ssorry it’s not straight, but I can’t be bothered to straighten it right now 

Ngungun over, we had half an hour to rest while the sun went down.  My feet were seriously beginning to ache by this point.  


Manda in front of the sunset - with Coonowrin almost hiding over Beerwah to her left

Once home, I enjoyed an epic hot shower, and was tempted to just stay under the hot water all evening, but cared too much about the gas bill for that...  I did however get an early night, and now it is early the next morning and I am SORE!

Just groundschool ahead for the next four days - followed by a jumpseat on Wednesday and then line training after the weekend!

Maybe I shall find some more mountains to conquer.


No comments:

Post a Comment