Friday, June 22, 2018

(Backup) [Auto-saved Post]

3 days into line training and I haven’t blogged! Wow.

Well, I’ve landed (arrived?) the aeroplane four times so far... and I think I’m improving.  It doesn’t help that my training captain makes me incredibly nervous.  He is an older, ex-RAAF, grumpy old guy, who is incredibly nit-picky and is keeping me on my toes.  And I get to the stage where my hands are sweating on the approach... aaaaghhhhhh...

Other than that, it’s all going nicely.  The company checkie we had during our type rating made us good and ready for line training.  We were thoroughly immersed in company SOPs (standard operating procedures) from day 1 of the simulator, and that has definitely made a difference.  3 days in to flying and I’m feeling pretty comfortable with normal procedures.

That said, tomorrow starts the Spanish Inquisition.  S said he wouldn’t start asking me questions until we lost the Safety Pilot... so it’s all on from tomorrow!

In other news, I’ve made an effort to climb / hike after work and on my days off.  Yesterday’s East Beerwah trip, Ben surprised Meg and me by procuring a cheese platter and his old dress uniform at the top!

Champagne on Beerwah


Meg and me

I won’t post a picture of Ben in his dress uniform as he’s worried about it “getting out”.  So if you want to see it, message me!


Cheese platter

Mind you, with all this climbing and hiking, I haven’t had much time for study.  I am writing this while sitting in the carpark at Tibrogargan, waiting for John!  And also, today I must decorate Toby’s (6) birthday cake for his party tonight, and tonight is also the last Ireland v Wallabies match.  I must try to fit in some study this morning or I might get hurt tomorrow... l

1 comment:

  1. This champagne and cheese platter is something I must start doing...

    ReplyDelete