This time, I decided that my model would be perfect.
Obviously, on cutting the second piece of the fuselage out, I managed to make a mistake... but that's beside the point.
This is how far I've got so far. It's still wet.
Isn't it pretty? Okay, it's not pretty. Yet. It's not actually going to end up this colour, but that is the base coat before I add the green camouflage markings. Also, the canopy is going to be green outside - the yellow is on the interior. I also have left off all of the antenna and gear until I have finished with the rest of the model - knowing how clumsy I am, and how easy it is for things to break !
This is a Spitfire Mk1, and I have also got a Spitfire Mk Vb to work on... the goal is to try to make as many different models of Spitfires as I possibly can (you may have worked out that I like Spitfires). Annoying that I didn't bring over (or get sent) my paints from Ireland, but I've bought new ones...
I wasn't even going to a model shop, but I got dragged there, almost kicking and screaming, and then saw the models and was like OOOOOOOOOOOOO. As you do.
It's quite an ugly brown, now that I come to think of it. Hope the green matches!
Also, this will be the first time that I have ever attempted to spray paint camouflage markings on a model of any type, so this will be interesting... I hope I won't ruin it after so many hours' work today ! Bring on the insulation tape :D