Monday, April 13, 2015

This is it, folks.  Today is the big day, which means I am going to the sim for my command check.  For those of you who don't know, I have spent the last week in Auckland doing simulator sessions for my command upgrade.  Now with all 5 training sessions completed, today is check day, where it all matters.  

And even though the last week has gone well, I still find myself extremely apprehensive of today.  It's not that I don't think I can do it, it's just the unknowns and the what-ifs that get me every single time.

The fact that I don't actually know which questions the checkie is going to ask.

The fact that I can't prepare for actually flying the aircraft - not that I had any problems before.

The fact that it's not black and white.

And presuming it all goes well - there is no reason why it wouldn't - I get to go home tomorrow.  And I don't know why I freak out and worry so much beforehand, I just do!  It would be so much more pleasant if I didn't.

In 9 hours' time, it will be over.

And until the sim... i will review... and fret... and in general quietly spaz out in my hotel room :)

PS I never claimed my mind to be logical.


No comments:

Post a Comment