Monday, July 17, 2017

At 0700, the bells woke me, having no compassion for the fact that I didn't sleep until 0130.  I went to bed at 2230 like a responsible citizen, but was wide awake and unable to rest for hours.  I'm putting it down to a combination of stress before the sim today and pain from the pulled muscle in my neck (not to be confused with nerve pain).  

I'm actually sleeping in the spare room, as one of the many tricks I tried last night which included eating popcorn, reading a book, showering, changing rooms to enjoy the freshly laundered sheets in Room #2, and despairing of ever getting to sleep.  It's weird how the more one wants to sleep the more one realises that one has absolutely no idea how to achieve it.  

Yesterday we had Emergency Procedures which was the most pointless course I've been on - as we have to do a company specific course anyway - but the fire fighting was fun!


I'm the stubby one, second from the left 

It is now Sim Day, full flight sim #1, but I have until lunch time before I go in.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment