Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Feeling better today, feeling good.  The stress of last week seems to have dispersed, leaving me much more relaxed than I was.  On Thursday I went to Canberra, still pretty wound up and uptight about the Goings On That Had Been, but even though it was nights and nights and nights of hotels, and many early mornings, it was a good trip.  In fact, I haven't laughed so hard in a long while, both at work and socially in the evenings.  

Now, I'm home, and last night I slept so well in my bed, I'm really going to miss it this weekend.  Didn't I mention it?  I'm off to Canberra again tomorrow, for another five days.  Today has been a whirlwind of doing stuff that I wanted to do on my days day off.  

I've now officially submitted the paperwork which should add me to the lease here, and it's a comforting feeling to know that I'll actually belong officially.  It didn't mean so much to me before, in fact, I couldn't care less whether I was on a lease or not, but after last time, yeah, it's nice.

Gumtree is my new most-used website, trying to find some furniture to add to the house.  C's old housemate took his furniture with him when he left, and although C has most things, there are a few spaces.  Right now I'm looking at buying a dining suite, three-seat sofa, and an office desk.  I'm very picky though, I want proper wood for the table and desk, good quality and not a nasty pine colour, and I would like a brownish suede for the sofa.  Obviously, as Gumtree is where I'm looking, choice is limited!  

On Sunday, a friend is coming over from Ireland for a week, and luckily I will be back from Canberra on Monday and able to spend time with her.  I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, followed by Thursday and Friday on reserve, although due to further roster changes, I have been offered those off too - and then on Saturday (so Saturday week) I am heading to Singapore for nine days!  I finally get to do the course I have been waiting to do for over a year - it is just unfortunate that it's not held in France any more !

It is going to be a busy time in between now and then, and hopefully some of the furniture I've been looking at will still be available when I get home, and I will be able to be a Good Haggler - just like my mother :)

Now, it is pouring with rain, having drizzled all day, the temperature is at a measly 15C according to Google, and I'm all snuggled up warm in my own bed (a rarity, nowadays) waiting for it to be dinner time.  

TTFN !

No comments:

Post a Comment