Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pineapple Party

When M told me that she lived on a pineapple farm, I was excited at the idea of seeing my very first pineapple trees.  When she then told me that pineapples don't grow on trees, I was slightly shocked but part of me kept believing.  Then last night I headed out to the pineapple farm for her birthday party and my bubble was well and truly popped. 


Pineapples really don't grow on trees.


Mind you, pineapple plants do smell gloriously pineappley, and I would happily live next to a plantation.

Also, I need you all to know that I am not a fan of vegetarian pizza.  Margherita is one thing, but full blown plate-of-vegetables on my otherwise-nice pizza is not OK.  And I'm sorry, but walnuts?  On a pizza?  Don't even.

I don't have a picture of the pizza as it got dark, but here is the sunset:



 Also, Lily was a definite hit at the birthday party.  Everybody needed a cuddle, and Lily was happy to oblige.  



She spent the evening trying to get attention, which was easy as everybody loved her, and as soon as we got in the car to come home she collapsed with exhaustion like a dead thing and didn't move for the entire journey.



1 comment:

  1. Is it THAT cold that Lily needs a woolly jumper? My commiserations on walnut pizzas. Walnuts on coffee cake are just about acceptable (one can always prise them off and hand them over to one's ELW).

    ReplyDelete