Saturday, July 30, 2016

Galway wedding

I'm in Galway today, in a little village called Labane, in a little Catholic Church, celebrating the wedding of my friend, Emma.  It is supposed to start at 1300, but with only a few people here so far, at 1259, I presume it is running on Irish time.

The church is quite pretty:

 

And I'm not sure that I've ever been in a Catholic Church before.  

I'm unsure of what is involved in a catholic wedding, but I guess I'm about to find out.  If there are any actions required, I shall copy those around me.

The drive over here this morning was pleasant, although I did feel horribly sleepy during the last hour.  I tried calling home, but nobody wanted to talk to me, so I kept awake by thumping my legs and squirting water on my face from my water bottle - and singing loudly and dischordantly along with the radio... 

Once at the hotel, there was no room at the inn before the ceremony so I changed in the bathroom and will check in before the reception.  Thankfully the reception is at the hotel I am staying in.

Tomorrow, I will probably drive around a bit to visit Galway, before driving home in the late afternoon/early evening, as Monday morning, bright and early, my brother and I head off to England.

It's been a busy trip so far ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment