Saturday, August 20, 2016

Home at last

After a very uneventful trip home, I found myself back in Brisbane.  Boring = awesome, as I was a little worried after my outbound experience !  It was good to be back but painful at the same time as it was so incredibly hard to leave everyone in Ireland.

Three of my church friends met me at the airport to take me home, and hung out for awhile back at the house, after which I excused myself to pick up Lily.  B had just bathed her so she was nice and sweet smelling, howbeit still slightly damp!  She was ridiculously happy to see me, showering me with a million kisses and cuddles.

 
She also seemed to like her present.

She has refused to let me out of her sight since.  She is at my heels when I go upstairs to the bathroom, and was devastated when I tied her up outside the IGA to get some groceries.  I was only inside for 5 minutes but she greeted me with the same joy and excitement of the previous night.

After a healthy breakfast (having eaten far too much in Ireland) I drove up to Mango Hill to see the site, hoping that the slab would be laid.  Much to my surprise, I found that the frame was up also!  Lily didn't seem to appreciate it as much as I did, but she did investigate the garden.

 
From the street at the front 

 
Selfie in the living room

 
From the back garden towards the street

 
In the media room!  Not impressed by my walking away...

I have now emailed the builders to make sure I don't owe them the next instalment - as they seem much further ahead of where I expected them to be.




1 comment:

  1. Exciting! I suppose I should not be surprised that the timber is emerald green in OZ!

    ReplyDelete