Saturday, September 16, 2017

Dirty 30




This is the last day of my 20s.  Tomorrow I shall be more mature.  I don't feel old enough to be 30 tomorrow.  I don't feel in the least bit like a grown up.  At work I have to at least pretend that I am, i think it makes people feel safer.  I'm sure Lily will wake me up tomorrow with the same disregard for my lie-ins as she does every other day of my life.  I'm sure the day won't feel any different than any other, but it's weird to think that I'm 30 tomorrow. 


I'm not going to have a '1/3 life crisis' as they call it nowadays.  I don't think "I haven't achieved anything in my life" in fact I'm fairly happy with my lot.  There are of course things I'd love to be different - I'd like to be married, I'd like to have kids, I'd like to have a goat farm - but not having them by the time I turn 30 doesn't define me in a Failure/Success way.


Or maybe my writing this blog post is a sign of crumbling resolve and the beginning of a crisis...





I've a massive list of things to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for God, for my family, for Lily, for my house, my car, my job, my friends... all not in that particular order although I did think God should come first.  Not usually how I live my life, unfortunately, but one should have goals.


On Tuesday (30 years old + 1 day) I have my last day of training, followed by my check to line on Thursday.  I'm excited to be finished... but the idea of being released (hopefully) and flying with a regular FO on Friday is somewhat daunting.  What if I need advice?  What if I make a horrible mistake and there's no trainer there to guide me?  Aaaahhhhh! 





On Monday, which clearly comes before Tuesday, I am turning 30.  Did I mention that?  I have planned a glorious cooking spree for the day, followed by dinner out with some of the girls (Manda, Shawnee, Kaitlyn and Nikki).  I was going to have a games night too until I realised what time my shift starts on Tuesday!


It's so tiresome being a responsible adult. 







No comments:

Post a Comment