Thursday, September 21, 2017

So many things

So many things to write about!  Did I cover my birthday?  My housemate gave me a Go Pro, my friend baked me a cake, we went out to a smokehouse restaurant for dinner - a pulled pork burger and chicken wings, my fave - and I had an all out amazing day.  Did I mention the chicken wings?  Oooooh. 

Not to forget, of course, that on Tuesday B bought me a massive bouquet of flowers!  (And completely made my day.)




Tuesday morning, bright and early, I went to work for my last day of training - let's face it, I wasn't on top form - after which all I wanted to do was collapse on the couch with Corona, but I ended up motivating myself to go to Bible Study as I had made Millionaire Shortbread for the evening.  I'm glad I went.  


Millionaire Shortbread

This new company I find myself in is a bit of an enigma.  One minute they have no rules at all, the next minute they have All The Rules and it's hard to work out where I fit in the middle of it all.  Sorry, I got side tracked.  Where were we?

Wednesday I suddenly became a lot braver than I usually am and climbed Tibrogargan - which is pretty much a lump of cliffs (I'm feeling particularly descriptive), and was extremely scary, although more so on the way down.  The guy I climbed with was awesome of awesomeness and helped me every step of the way - and literally, on the way down, as I had no idea where to put my feet - or hands.  Potentially one day I will be invited to do it again, and I will be able to do a better job as I have conquered it once.  It took 2h48 on my watch, start to finish, including a break at the top.  Usually M does it in 45 minutes so I have a long long long long long long long way to go.


Exhausted at the top, and I didn't even eat my sugar supply

Having climbed the whole of Tibrogargan, we rewarded ourselves with some nice cold beer, and I headed home to prepare myself for the next day of the week - I know, it's the gift that just keeps on giving.

Thursday dawned bright and early at 0300 - no, wait, it wasn't even dawn yet for a few hours.  I got up anyway, as I had a check to do.  This took until about midday and was an unbelievable nightmare of an interrogation - but as you can see I survived, despite the Inquisition.  For some reason, I thought I'd be masochistic and go rock climbing the day after Tibrogargan, so I did that - it didn't take long for my arms and shoulders to become completely burnt out - strangely my legs are fine so I must be doing it wrong. 

Then, to cap off the day, I had my citizenship ceremony - and am now officially an Australian!  Followed of course by an obligatory cold beer as that seems to be the theme of the week. 




That is my week so far: today I have to operate four sectors all on my own and am feeling a little bit nervous.  Am I really equipped/qualified for this?  Aahhhhhh.... (watch this space)




1 comment:

  1. But now you are thirty AND an Oz citizen doing 4 sectors should be easy, as indeed climbing Tibrogargan which looks kinda harder than NGunGun the one I did. Did you have to use climbing tackle?

    ReplyDelete