Friday, October 20, 2017

I have the worst headache.  I've never had a migraine so I can't tell you how it compares, but this just won't go away.  I'm also lying in bed feeling sorry for myself, and at the same time debating what to have for dinner, because once again Nobody Cooked and Nobody Shopped and the fridge is full but there is Nothing To Eat.

I got up bright and early to climb Tibrogargan with a group we threw together the last couple of days.  M invited one of the cabin crew, and I invited a couple of pilots, and off we trotted.  Except... the invited cabin crew ended up being the Least Fittest Ever and so it was a long and painfully slow climb.  I tried to be patient and I tried to be nice but I had been thinking I might get to climb Tib all in one go so that was a little disappointing.  However we all did make it to the top - hooray for her - and we all did make it back down again with no rescue choppers involved, so that was a bonus.


Shocking photo but it's all I've got.

Having done that and not feeling as worn out as I would have liked to have been, B and I went and climbed Ngungun as fast as we could.  Okay, I climbed it as fast as I could, he patiently stayed beside me as I struggled up.  He does hill running so my fast walking was barely more than a snail's pace for him!  

Once home, I got the amazing experience of reviewing a manual for work for a few hours, but slowly the headache has been catching up with me and now I have been lying in bed for 30 minutes hoping it will go away, with the help of some Neurofen and Panadol.  It's not working, and not wanting to take anything stronger I suppose I must just deal with it!

Tomorrow morning I am apparently doing Ngungun again - but a much slower version - and although hoping to go rock climbing afterwards, that is no longer happening, and I must find something else to fill my empty weekend - let's face it, I shall probably just end up reviewing this manual I have been given.

It's very easy to feel lonely when you're surrounded by people, and then they all go home and Do Their Thing and you're left sitting at home alone with a Lily.  It's a very nice Lily and it gives very nice cuddles and it is Ever So Happy To See Me and yet, it's not really the same.  I suppose I will get used to it one day.




1 comment:

  1. Is it possible you have "caught a chill" - getting cold I find can bring on a headache, but if so it should pass. YM would say "drink lots of water". BTW be nice to your less able friends, one day you may need to be nice to YF whilst climbing tib!

    ReplyDelete