Thursday, October 5, 2017

Tibrogargan

I did it!  I climbed the Caves Route, on a rope, because seriously without a rope is super scary and only suitable for people like M who climbed without a rope so that the rope could be there for me.  And although I did the climb not using the rope, the mere availability of it gave me confidence to climb.  

This is the route we took (pardon the resolution, I stole the photo from Google and M penned in the route)


(We didn't actually fly the last part)

Let's be honest, I was tired before we got to the rock part.  



The first rock face with my esteemed lead climber.



The view from the first cave.



Climbing, ever climbing...


The second cave.  I pretty much stopped taking photos then because, yeah.  Fatigue.



Do I look like I'm dying?

It was so so hot.  Every now and then we would get an inkling of a breeze.  The higher we went, the blacker the rock and therefore the hotter the rock.  I think I changed my shoes three times in between the approach shoes (for hiking and climbing) and the specific climbing shoes (for just real climbing).

I had another bottle of water in the car and oh how I wished I had brought it with me!  My legs wouldn't stop shaking on the way down but they did keep going so I'm home now, alive!

I can't wait to do it again, and next time hopefully inviting E&E (old job).



Did I mention how much pure fun it was though?  Fear, adrenalin, adventure... the whole fear of heights thing maybe makes it even more of a challenge! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow and très Wow! I am impressed because I regret to say that I am not sure that I would be comfortable doing it. Which I suppose was evident from my declining repeating the climbing wall deal. I like to think that I could do it, but... Anyway I am ever so pleased that you enjoyed it enough to want to do it again, I think you are amazing. BTW I am also ever so pleased that you are still in one piece after the event!!!

    ReplyDelete