Sunday, December 9, 2012

Well, I'm still in Ireland! The blog hasn't seen me because the blog is to keep people back home informed of my whereabouts, etc - and, well, they're all with me!

However, for those of you who remain, here is a brief synopsis.

The main activity of the last week has been eating. Let's face it, my family can cook, and I haven't eaten at home in 7 months -combine these two facts together and there's a lot of food.

I went to lunch with some pilots from my old company, which was fun, and I went shopping in Blanchardstown, which was extremely detrimental to my bank balance, and on Thursday I tppk the family away to Waterford for a couple of days.

We went to Mahon Falls, and climbed it, and it looked like we had climbed almost all the way up until we looked at it from a distance and realised it was at best a third of the height of its mountainness.

We went to Bunmahon and found a wool shop for the mother, and the others walked along a beach. I declined this activity because I prefwr warm beaches, where you can actually see the sun, and you don't feel like you're about to enter cryogenic suspension (thanks, James).

We then went to Waterford for the Christmas markets, and bought some fudge which looked hopeful, but tasted like candle wax, and then we came home and ate Chinese takeaway. You have no idea how hard 7 months without this is. The MSG tasted O So Good!

Anyway, here are a few pictures of Mahon Falls to finish up!

One is of the valley from the road, another is the valley from one third of the way up the waterfall (you could equally break your neck from 200' than 600', I suppose), another is of Jon standing as high as he could climb, another is Dad in pink climbing to reach him, and the other is of a stranded mountain sheep that really didn't need my help, but I insisted anyway. (I like sheep)




No comments:

Post a Comment