Sunday, June 4, 2017


We went to the hospital yesterday to visit baby A, he was pretty happy when we arrived but had quite a yo-yo day in and out of pain.  The main problem seemed to be itching under his splints, which he was inconsolable about.  He has Panadol around the clock and also anti-itching medication.  Such a cute funny boy when he was happy - obviously still cute when not, but I found it pretty heart breaking to watch him so upset.

After visiting with A a little, we took T to the Art Museum to the Marvel Exhibition which is on until about September.  It wouldn't have been my choice of activity but he was incredibly enthusiastic.  I don't believe I would have been interested when I was four!  I tried to gauge his actual interest on the walk there with questions like "okay, you can choose between ice cream, pizza and doughnuts, or the exhibition, which will it be?" And "Ferris wheel or exhibition?" Etc and the exhibition won every time.  Oh well, I tried!  He was ever so excited.  It was actually pretty cool, with all of the actual costumes and props used in the movies, and lots of framed original comics, etc.  T said the highlight was getting to draw his own superhero at the end.  

Kaitlyn & T at the exhibition


 The four of us posing

The Incredible Hulk


 I couldn't help myself 

It was nice to get T out for an activity as his mum has been worried about him feeling left out.  He has lots of love and family around him but it must be hard being the older, OK, kid when most of the focus is on the younger sick one and the new baby.  

For those who don't know the story, little A, who just turned two, knocked a power board (extension cable) off a bedside table onto tiles.  It split open, and he picked it up to put it back, and was electrocuted.  Unfortunately he picked it up in such a way that it made a circuit with his little hands, and continued to burn him until his dad managed to get there to knock the board from his hands.  He is now in the children's hospital in Brisbane, and will be there for at least the next month.  He has full thickness burns to his hands, has had three surgeries already and has a lot more ahead of him.

Baby A this morning  

The family just welcomed their new baby a week ago, the dad (TW) just started a new job and the mum (SW) just had a c-section.  The family and church are rallying around them but it is a lot for them to handle, added with the extra stress and emotion of other things going on in the larger family picture.  Please keep the family in your prayers.

I'm also acutely conscious of the family's financial need during this time.  If anyone has it in their heart to donate towards their expenses (car parking at the hospital alone is $30 a day) please get in touch. 

I love this whole family like my own: in fact, they are an extension of my own family.  For C & T, TW's parents, I pray for peace that they wouldn't feel guilt for the accident, and also for strength for this long journey.  For B & R, SW's parents, who have to go to New Zealand this week potentially long term, I pray for closeness and peace while they are physically stuck so far away.  For TW & SW, I am so thankful that they are so strong together, and I pray for their faith, that it remains strong, for their relationship, that it gets built up, and for their hearts, that they stay unbroken.  For little T, and baby R, I pray that they know their family's love, and for baby A, for freedom from pain and complete healing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment