Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Bulls

I didn’t really tell you all very much about Rockhampton.  In fact, I think all I wrote about was the marshmallow night.  It’s been a busy few days since I got back.  



I returned from Rockhampton on Wednesday night, Thursday I went to look at a car with J and then GH and MB came around for the afternoon and dinner.  Friday I was supposed to have a dinner date with an Australian friend off the internet (another one) who I still haven’t met, as it fell through (still need to email her to tell her next Friday is off due work...) and then Saturday I went over to see JMcI and MV and Sunday I went surfing.  It’s awesome keeping busy, I must say!  I’m definitely not looking forward to going back to work.



Yes, I know I’m being paid to work, but all of my housemates (and the majority of my international colleages) are being paid to be on holiday, basically, so it’s only fair that I get some holiday myself!  (I think so, anyway)




I was going to tell you about Rockhampton, but I got sidetracked with not-blogging-excuses.  I arrived in Rocky on Monday afternoon, and can’t remember what we did first.  Oh yes, now I remember!  We drove around Rockhampton looking at bulls.  



When I told DB that I was going to Rockhampton for a couple of days, he said: “why do you want to go there?  The only things in Rockhampton are cattle.”  I had no idea how true that actually was.  When I say we drove around Rockhampton looking at bulls, I mean, we drove around Rockhampton and everywhere I looked there was a statue of yet another bull.  I think in the 20 minutes we were touring the place, I saw 8 bull statues and 2 horse statues.  Apparently when people go to Rockhampton, that’s what they do.  They look at the endless bull statues...  I’m actually fairly sure that they’re not called “statues” - it seems far too grand for a randomly painted figure of a bull.  



The last 2 of the 8 bull figure-oojits were a red and a blue bull sitting on top of a bar, and I don't think they really counted as part of Rockhampton's bull-statue heritage.


I'm sure that anyone reading this blog will be as interested by this blog post about the bulls as I was about seeing the bulls - ha!  You also might notice that some of these bulls don't appear to be bulls... in that some vital anatomy is missing.  This is because apparently people who go to Rocky to visit the bulls like to take away trophies.  I know, very weird.  That's just the way it is.

Anyway, two posts in one day, and I still haven't told you much about my trip to Rockhampton!!!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment