Friday, August 17, 2012

Townsville

Yesterday I was in Townsville, which was a sight better than the previous overnight in Rockhampton. Not only moving from the Travelodge to the Holiday Inn, but also the town and area in general. Townsville seemed so much more classy, I guess.

In Rocky, hooligans steal parts of bull figurines as they have nothing else to do. In Townsville... well actually I have no idea what they do there, but we went to a pretty nice Ribs and Rumps restaurant. Not that we vandalised the cattle of Rockhampton, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, attached are a couple of views from the aircraft - the hill at about 3 mile final to RWY01, which you have to fly around to land on a visual approach, also just a shot of the harbour, and two pics from my hotel window.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment