Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

It's 2014, folks.

Where did 2013 go?  It seems only yesterday that it was 2012.  Although, now that I say it, 2012 seems far away too...  but 2013.  Seriously?  Gone already?  I used to think that it was a ridiculous idea to say that time speeds up the older you get, but maybe it's true.

Because it's 2014.

And besides, I thought the world would have ended by now.

It hasn't.  Not in Australia, anyway.  Are the rest of you still here too?

My sick leave has officially expired, and I can go back to work.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing...  I'm on reserve today, and hoping that this means I get another day off.

Sarah & Jon have gone into the CBD (city) today on the train, to do what tourists do, and I am remaining at home.  I forget why, but I'm sure there was a good reason at the time.

Yesterday, we went to the Eumundi Markets, up by Noosa, and although I have been once before, it was still fun looking at all of the different stalls.  I bought a red leather bracelet for myself, and a lemongrass candle for Kurt.  Although technically he bought both of them, it's the thought that counts... *evil laugh*

Then we went to the beach, pausing on the way to help an old lady who fell over on the road.  We dropped her back at her hotel, which happened to be on the way to the beach, and had quite an interesting time in the car on the way.  She is over in Australia visiting her son (and his awful girlfriend)  who apparently dislikes her from a misunderstanding but she's just the worst woman in the world and I positively hate her... etc.  Apparently she is infamous in England (where she's from) for fighting for more pensions and stuff like that.  Who knows, anyway it was funny!

The beach was disgustingly hot.  As in, keep-your-flip-flops(ie jandals, thongs, etc.)-on hot because otherwise the soles of your feet will burn in seconds, and you will dance across the sand like you're on fire.  The sea was flat calm which was so nice for swimming, but sad at the same time because we wanted to use my new body board in the non-existent waves.

I managed to break one of my new years resolutions on day one, which made me very annoyed.  We're trying to eat clean again after a terrible month of stuffing our faces over the Christmas period, and so I was trying to search out a nice salad.  Managed to find one at an exorbitant price of 30 dollars, and finally decided just to eat it... only to find afterwards there was a 7 dollar service charge because it was a public holiday, and the sparkling water cost 7 dollars as well!  Quite disgusted by the whole thing, but oh well, I'm sure I will survive.  By the way, the new years resolution broken was not the clean eating, it was trying to budget.  Let's not go there.

My plans for the weekend have been spoilt by my housemate announcing that it is forecast 40 degrees with a low of 26 at night... ouch.

Tomorrow is a day off, as I may have mentioned before... haven't decided what we will do, but if we do anything I will try to remember to take photos!

Anyway, happy 2014 !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment