Wednesday, July 4, 2012

BBQ

It's been a couple of days since I've had my computer out.  Actually, this is the first time since before Auckland, so over a week!  My poor, lonely computer - I'm sure it's glad to see me back.  This means that you might luck out with a few photos one of these days!

Yesterday we flew home from NZ via business class again which once again was awesome although the food wasn't as good as on the way out.  It was a very early start which didn't work out all that comfortably after being used to going to bed at breakfast time and getting up at lunch time!  It was like a simulator jet lag!  

Over the weekend, I sent an email out to all of the internationals, inviting everyone to a BBQ at our house on Tuesday 3rd.  As we only actually got home from Auckland then, and no preparation had been done in our absence, it was a bit of a mad rush trying to get everything organised for people to turn up.  RMcN and myself went out and bought all of the food etc. and then came home and cleaned the house, while everyone else went AWOL.  

RMcN's burgers are undoubtedly the most awesome burgers I have ever had.  I dunno what he put in them - a combination of spices, mustard, tomatoes, onions, you name it - they were incredibly incredible.  On top of that we had piles of sausages, loads of corn on the cob, chicken, and of course all the accoutrements.  

A large number of people turned up for the event, and everyone seemed to enjoy the evening.  Unfortunately I don't have any photos of this - it got dark before the BBQ even started, so taking photos wouldn't have been very easy!  The first Australian BBQ was a rip-roaring success, and I think we can call this house officially "warmed" !

Photos of Auckland will of course follow, once I muster up the energy to edit them.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment