Friday, July 27, 2012

Finished

That's it, folks!  I'm finished.  3 weeks of flying, and now it's holiday time!  Funny to think that my final check was 3 months to the day since I arrived in the country.

27 April 2012, I landed in Brisbane, started work on 30 April and spent the next 3 weeks studying manically for theory exams, finishing on 21 May.  After a week off, I spent the next 2 weeks in various ground school courses.  26 June, I headed off to New Zealand to spend a week there in the simulator and then finally started flying on 7 July.

Now, I get to enjoy what my colleagues have been enjoying for the past couple of months - a holiday.  Monday I am heading up north to Rockhampton for two nights to visit a friend there.  We're planning to go horse-riding and camping and who knows what else, and I'm really looking forward to it.  After that, I want to take surfing lessons (if I can find someone to go with, as I'm not all that keen on going on my own) and after that the possibilities are endless!

The best part of it, of course, is the fact that I'm getting paid to go on holiday - and it doesn't actually count as holiday so I still have all my leave remaining!  It's winter here, but it still gets to about 21C at midday so no complaints!

Nothing else to report right now, no new pictures - but I'll definitely have pictures after my trip to Rockhampton, so I will keep you posted.

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment