Sunday, July 1, 2012

AWOL

Apparently I have forgotten that I have a blog.  Not only that, but also appear, from my point of view, to have forgotten how to have a life.  The last four or five days have involved waking, food, manic studying, hours and hours of torture, getting home later and later, sleeping... then the whole cycle over again, and blogging hasnt exactly been pretty high on the agenda!

The food here is really good.  There's a little cafeteria around the corner from the hotel and it has very reasonably priced unhealthy breakfasts etc.  My favourite is the pancake breakfast, involving two large buttery pancakes, sandwiching a large maple flavoured piece of bacon.  On the side, a bowl of thick syrup is supplied, and the inevitable banana smothered in whipped cream.  This appears to be a New Zealand thing, everything either contains fruit or has fruit on the side.  Mr C ordered a cajun chicken salad one day and this had a massive banana smack in the middle.  I ordered a beed salad and it had large chunks of orange, apple and pineapple littered through it and was drenched in a sweet citrusy dressing.  It seems impossible to get salad without this dressing.

Another amazing food item
over here is the coffee.  I say food item, and I stick to this.  If you order a capuccino or a latte you are brought a perfectly frothy swimming pool of the liquid.  By the time you finish this, you don't actually want the breakfast that you ordered, or rather, I don't, so ML eats his own breakfast and half of mine.  

The studying hasn't been all that bad, it's all fairly straightforward but very full on.  The requirement is to be pretty much word perfect, and heaven forbid you regress to previous procedures and say 'select' instead of 'set'!  However, if you show that you are making the effort, know 99% of your calls and procedures, you don't get as much flack for a wrong item as you do if you've only learnt 5%.  Don't ask me why, but I know!  

They are mowing the lawns outside my bedroom window.  I think this is disgraceful at 10.00!  Do they not realise what time I went to bed?

Tonight, we're meeting up with some of the others who fly over today, and then going for dinner.  Yes, at this stage my life does revolve around food.  There's nothing else for me to do at this hotel except study - and that's not happening today!

Right, I'm bored of this writing about nothing, I'll update with more when I get home to 'Brizzy' tomorrow!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment