Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Last Night's Blog

Well now, here I am.  6 nights left in Auckland, yay!!  I'm actually genuinely enjoying being here, so far - it's partly Auckland, partly the company, and partly the overnight allowance.  I get to buy ready-prepared food every day instead of making my own, I get to dump my used towel on the floor of the bathroom and find it removed, a new one replaced, and my bed made, every evening.  I would, however, absolutely hate to live in a hotel, but a week is ok.

I won't actually be able to post this blog until tomorrow morning, as the internet is so limited at the hotel.  The good news is that the place we go for breakfast gives free wifi, and there is also wifi available in the simulator building.

I was strangely excited walking in to the simulator building this afternoon. Despite it being just 3 months since I last was in the sim, this is my first time ever in the Southern Hemisphere, and I was looking forward to it.  Another bonus being that there were three of us vying dor two seats, and ML was gentlemanly enough to take the hot seat and allow me to observe for the day.  I had a few minutes' opportunity at the end to practise, but really my day one is te day after tomorrow (by which time this blog should be posted).

Tomorrow is a free day, so the instructor, who from now on I will refer to as Mr C, has offered to take us sightseeing.  He has a car here, so he will drive us around Auckland showing us lots of interesting stuff - hopefully.  He has already pointed out a extinct terraced volcano, which used to be a Maori settlement, which I forget the name of and also have no photos of, as we were driving at the time.  (Does that count as a preposition at the end of a sentence -  or was the explanation sufficient to neutralise the bad grammar, Mum?) 

I'm really excited to see Auckland tomorrow, and I promise I will take photos, although I will be unable to blog these until I return home on the 3rd, at which point you will wish you never asked!!!  I also need to get lots of revising done, so I shall do a bit of both, after posting this update in the morning, and you will probably not get to hear about my day until some other time! - sorry!

I must close off now as it is already 0040 and I am meeting the others for breakfast (and wifi so that I can post this) at 0900.  Unlike some of you, I cannot function on 3-4 hours of sleep!!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment