Saturday, June 9, 2012

6 Weeks

I've been here for 6 weeks now, and I still don't feel like I've moved here.  This is probably due to the fact that I am still living in a hotel - although actually I have downgraded from an apartment to a couch.  It is a sofa bed though so that helps.  I'm now going to treat you to my to do list.  You're welcome.

1.  Arrive in Oz - check
2.  Take 4 CASA exams - check
3.  Survive ground school - check (there is one course left to go but I'm not counting it)
4.  Do 3 jumpseats
5.  Go to the sim
6.  Finish line training (although, starting would be good enough)
7.  Find somewhere to live - check
8.  Find a car

On the subject of find a car, I went car shopping yesterday down by Archerfield.  Apparently there are loads of car dealers down there and they actually call it The Magic Mile for this reason.  I'm not quite sure what is magic about it - perhaps something to do with the prices of the cars, all mostly in the 20,000AUD range...

I did meet two cars more suited to my budget, and I shall list them below.

The first was a 1996 Honda Civic.  Manual, but electric windows, MP3 player, etc. drove really well, the major downside being that it had (and still has, I presume) 296000km on the clock.  You can see the price below!




Then there was a 1991 Toyota Camry, looks like the sort of car my grandmother would drive.  Yeehah!    21 years old, manual windows, lovely cassette player (has a cd stack in the boot), amazing A/C though.  243000km on the clock.



it doesn't really have that much of a gap under the bonnet - but RM decided to pop the bonnet just as I got ready to take a photo...



Vroom vroom!!!

Anyway that's where the car search stands at this point!!!  AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!!

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment