Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday we went to look at a couple of properties.  One was in Manly, a 3 (possibly 4) bedroomed furnished house.  It was really nice, awesomely modern, clean, you could tell that the landlord had OCD, but unfortunately the room that was advertised as convertible into a 4th bedroom was entirely unsuitable. Downstairs there was the 3rd bedroom with a TV room beside it, but you had to walk through that room from the 3rd bedroom to get to the rest of the house, or to use the bathroom.  Not exactly a room that someone is going to want to live in!  Another downside was that it was about a 30 minute drive to the airport.

The second place we viewed was in Northgate, just north-west of the airport, maybe about 8km away, another fully furnished house, not quite as modern but it was really nice and suitable for 4 people.  We've made an application for it... so now we have to wait to see whether they accept the application.  The whole Australian system of trying to rent a place and be 'accepted' is really strange to me!  It took an incredibly long time to fill out all of the application forms, and to scan and process passport details and proof of employment, etc. so if they refuse the application now I think everyone will be just a small bit peeved, to put it nicely.

The best part of the day was driving around in this:



Gotta say, I'm in luuurve!  Just wish I could afford a car like this - but at least I have it for the 30 day rental period.  The awesome is that everyone else has been given pathetic little cars and I didn't even ask for anything specific, but was just handed the keys!

Today I'm beginning to study for the course next week on operating procedures, etc. and as I really am not enjoying getting back in the books I figured I would post a blog instead!  Now that I have done this, I must get back to work!

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment