Monday, June 11, 2012

get out of my country !

"So, couldn't you get a job over there?"

The above is what we were asked during the course today.  A few of us figured perhaps the facilitator was stung by a wasp on her way in to class, as she was in extremely bad humour for its entirety.  The course today was called DAMP, otherwise known as Drug and Alcohol Management Plan.  The facilitator didn't actually (and still doesn't) work for the company, but instead was contracted in last minute to take the course.  

She asked, thirty minutes or so into it, whether we were all from Queensland.  Choruses of "Espain!" from the back of the class, "Ireland!" from JB, and then Ian's loud shout of "We're all British!!!" drowning everyone else out.  Thanks, Ian, you might not have noticed this, but you're the only Englishman in the room.  This is when she came out with her priceless comment.

Those who didn't hear her initially, heard her when the murmur went around the room.  I said, rather louder than I intended "that's so rude!" but sure, if she heard it, I'm glad, because it was so rude! I've got to say, she's not the only Australian who has shown that sort of attitude towards our group.  Just in case they forget, it was the Australians who approached us to emigrate - not vice versa!  

I also picked up my uniform today - bar the blazer and the boots - and retain my distain of the hat - which is on Facebook if you want to see it.  First jumpseat is in the morning, so I shall be wearing the uniform trousers instead of jeans!  Will take my iphone and try to take some photos...  I'm excited to get to go flying, at least in the jumpseat, but not so excited about the time of day.  Report is 0430 which means being at the car park at 0345 and leaving here at 0300... ouch!  I wonder if I can do my makeup the previous night............

What else did I do today?  I picked up my staff parking permit (which is like the Dublin staff car park in being trillions of miles away from the crew room) and I got some lunch with So'R.  Now I should really do a bit of studying but in reality will probably go back on Facebook.

TTFN!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment