Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bats!

OMG these things are absolutely AMAZING!

I am in love with bats.

In fact, I want one as a pet.  I want to hug it and snuggle it and take it to bed and use it as my pillow.  They're so absolutely awesome I've just got to share them with you!

I don't have any good pics.


As I said, I don't have any good pics.

We stopped at the side of the road, got out of the car and gazed in wonder at the clouds of bats flying by.  Or rather, I got out of the car and gazed in wonder at the clouds of bats flying by.  Housemate 2 suggested that we could be spending our time doing something else, but I would have happily stood there all night watching their massive wings beating at the sky.

They had got to be at least 1 metre wingspan, you could make out their feet and stuff, flying from South to North all very purposefully, and I have no idea why.  What food did they sense, and why was it all in one place?

here's a video someone else posted on youtube:





This is a picture someone else posted.  I loooooooooooooooove bats !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment