Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Today is Father's day, and this is for my dad.  If you're not my dad, you can still read it, but you're not my dad, so it's not actually for you.

My dad's name is Michael.  He was born a long long time ago, before the world began.  I don't have a picture of him as a baby, but here he was when he was little:

It was so long ago, that they hadn't invented clothes yet.  A few years later, the first clothes started rolling in.  Here he is a little older:


Quite a handsome boy, right?  I'm not quite sure what happened, or whether he stole someone's childhood photos, but you got to admit that this next photo does not look like the same person:

 Yeoouch, that's quite some hairstyle going on, dude!  However, after a few years he managed to clean himself up, and once he had invested in a razor, and grown many many many years older, this is what he looked like:


He became quite a talented man.  Let's show you a few of the things he became able to do:

  he can dress up


he can sew (ok he can mend sewing machines)


he can climb into water tanks and septic tanks without dying of asphyxiation

he can multitask


he can avoid getting decapitated by his son
and he can daydream.

there are lots of other things he can do, which I don't have photos of.  Such as, write software, make hamster cages, build goat pens, plumb, paint, build houses, the list is pretty much endless.  In fact, I'd say that he's a pretty useful type of father.  In fact, I'm pretty content with who he is, and wouldn't change him for the world!

I love you, Dad!





1 comment: