Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Banana Bread

I got banana bread!!!  I can't decide what was the best part of my day - the banana bread, or... no wait, I don't want to spoil the surprise.  Suffice it to say that with this airline, not only do you get a meal allowance when you go to work, but you also get free banana bread, at least on the breakfast duties!  It wasn't enjoyable getting up at 0245 to go to work, but the banana bread almost made up for it...  I took the box and peered at it dubiously.  Plastic wrapper 100% sealed - check.  Where airline food is concerned, that means it is safe for me to eat.  I then asked what it was like.  "Well," said the captain, "it's sticky and sweet, and doesn't taste like bananas, which is good because I hate bananas."  That pretty much summed it up!

I really enjoyed the duty, flying up to Emerald, which is pretty much as isolated as it gets on the East Coast.  It was fairly cold there too, just 5C, so I was glad of my big company issue overcoat.  Unlike the previous airline, it actually fits, looks good, and is warm - and it has nice shiny buttons.  We had a wee bit of an incident (disclaimer: nothing to do with our aircraft or the operating crew) on the way to Emerald which I'm not going to blog about as such, but suffice to to say - it gave us something to talk about for the remainder of the duty.  A first for me, too!  The crew were really sound, and I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow - all except for the 0245 reveille.  Bring on the banana sticky-sweet-doesnt-taste-of-banana bread!!!

I didn't get any pictures today - I was sitting too far back in the flight deck to get anything decent, as it was very bright outside and very dark inside, so you could get a picture of the instruments with a white patch where the window was - which I figured wasn't very interesting.  Besides, Emerald is just a runway in the middle of a brown expanse of nothingness.

After that, I came home and collapsed into bed and slept for a couple of hours.  When my alarm woke me it felt like the end of the world, but I forced myself to get up as otherwise I wouldn't sleep tonight.  I then went out with RM to look at cars, and ended up with this:

It's not amazing.  In fact, it's not remarkable in any way.  It will simply get me from A to B, and hopefully in one piece!  I could only put a deposit on it today as my money hasn't arrived from home, but once it does, this baby is mine!  It needs an awful lot of cleaning inside - looks like someone died in it - but I saved 50 dollars by saying I'd clean it myself.  It has 6 months' rego on it and all transfer fees etc are included in the price - which once again I'm not going to blog about as such.  Payday seems so faaaaaar away...

That's about it for today, folks!  I can't decide what was the best part of the day but... I got banana bread!!!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment