Sunday, June 3, 2012

Flying

I forgot to say in my last post, because I was way too excited about the property, that I have now got my roster for the rest of June and first half of July and see that it's all kicking off!  I fly to Auckland on the 26th of June for the simulator there, four days in the sim and two days off, which is great because it means an opportunity to actually visit Auckland as well.  I am rostered to go with ML, which is also good as I know him and will be able to practise beforehand.  It does however mean that we will have to switch seats throughout the training, as we are both FOs over here, but we'll spend lots of time going through the procedures from both seats before we get there, and I'd say he'll be willing to put in plenty of effort!

My first day of line training is on the 8th of July, and I'm very excited about that too.  It will be 2.5 months since I have flown, and given the fact that I can't go a week without missing flying, it is none too soon!  Unfortunately a few of the guys seem to have big delays for their training.  The two I have spoken to have looked at their new roster and seen that they are not down for the simulator at all in the next roster, and it goes until the 15th of July, yet one of the two finished their exams just days after myself.

This morning I dropped the remainder of our group into their Induction day at Aviation Australia, mostly because I wanted another opportunity to drive my car rather than any particular wish to be helpful.  Now I am about to head into town to do some shopping!  The weather is a lot brighter today which is great, and then tomorrow is back to class.

TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment