Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sydney Revisited (Part 3)

In the afternoon, we went to the Maritime Museum.  It was reasonably priced, and we got to go in three boats.  For those who object to me calling every sea vessel a boat, get over it.  I shall continue to do so, and it is my blog.

This is the HMS Vampire, and beside her, on the right, is the submarine whose name I forget.


Climbing down the hatch into the submarine


They make the doorways as hard as possible to get through...

Torpedo tubes in the submarine


The engine room


Sitting up on the deck of the HMS Vampire


This is a replica of the Endeavour, Captain Cook's vessel, and it was very unstable and made me feel a little queasy.


And then we ate food and hung around the harbour until it was time to fly home.   Having walked around Sydney for hours and hours and hours we didn't really feel like exploring the actual maritime museum - the boats were sufficient !  Okay, maybe Kurt would have if I had felt like it :P

That's Sydney in a nutshell, folks!  No more Revisited posts to come !

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment