Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday antics

I woke up this morning at 0530 with nothing more than stiffness to herald in the new day, which was pleasant.  At least it was a lot nicer than waking in pain, and it allowed me to cuddle Lily for an hour before getting up, instead of having to get up for relief.  This new medication from the doctor must be working, although I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that.  Either that or it's the magnesium...

Yesterday I started the day with a short run: it's nice to have my Garmin watch again, having thought that it was lost irretrievably.  In case you missed that memo, I found it in a bag of cleaning products under the sink!  Wow, from thinking I left it at the apartment to thinking I had accidentally given it to charity in a donation bag, I cannot think of any better outcome.

After the run, I did my budget, something that I've wanted to do for awhile, and now I kind of wish I hadn't but at least I know where I stand.  Then I cleaned out the garage as I'm getting M&M's furniture today: a bedroom suite, mattress and dining table.  I'm hoping that most of it leans up against the wall in the garage so that my car still fits but we'll see.  The previous contents (minus the car) are now either upstairs (ie the bike) or in the living room.  There are only a couple of months to go, and my car likes being protected from the elements.

Lunch happened somewhere around this time: I've taken to roasting sweet potato with garlic and smoked paprika, and it adds a lot of taste to otherwise relatively bland dishes.  Apparently the point of Whole 30 is to minimise snacking, which I've been failing at, so I've been trying to increase my portion size to attempt 3 decent meals 5 hours apart.  It's a work in progress.

We should have seen the Glasshouse Mountains in the distance

It was quite overcast yesterday which actually worked out well for my motorcycle ride in the afternoon. For those of you who follow Facebook, it was not a moped, that was Javi being an idiot.  We went on a scenic ride up Mount Mee, and although the view over the glasshouse mountains was obscured by the mist, it was still a beautiful ride.  So green that it would have reminded me of Ireland except for the Australian flora and plunging landscape. 


Posing (not a moped)

I didn't actually ride the bike my myself, I was a passenger.  But after we rode for 3 hours and filled up the tank with just 9 litres, I can see one of the benefits!  It was a lot of fun too, but then I'd need all the gear (I wouldn't be comfortable riding regularly without decent protection, as I think too much about the consequences of coming off.) and it would get hot and inconvenient.  Also, I don't think Lily would appreciate a motorbike.

Anyway, as soon as we got back it was time for church and then I rushed home sans dinner at North Lakes because a) Whole 30 and b) L had been home alone since 2 and I didn't want a scene of devastation on my return...

And now, as it's almost time for breakfast, and the washing machine is singing to me, I must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment