Thursday, February 16, 2017

Home again

I'm home!  Mum asked was there going to be an Auckland day 2 post, etc and the short answer is no.  Very little was done except for sim (which in general went well, although I do struggle with the visual segment of the simulator as it's just so unrealistic and ugh!).  After the second sim, we all headed off to Miranda Hot Springs.  L and I had been before, on our last (Russian) NZ adventure, and this time we took S & S with us, the '600 crew.

It was about 25C, partly cloudy, with a hint of drizzle in the air, so none of us considered sunscreen.  S(#1) even had sunscreen at the hotel but didn't think of it, it being NZ.  We spent four hours in the hot springs - at one point S(#1) put a T-shirt over his head as he said it was too bright, and then we went back to the hotel.  L, S(#2) and myself slowly began to realise that we had transformed into lobsters.  Even now, three days later, I am still horrifically sunburnt and sore!  Oops!  

S(#2) spent the evening preening himself as, being Indian, he was not even a trifle sunburnt.  Rude.

It was a very early start yet again to catch the 0700 flight back home, and arriving at the airport, I was somewhat unsurprised to find that crewing hadn't booked me on the flight.  I then had to navigate the dark inner corridors of a foreign airport to find a crew telephone from which I could reach the company.  I managed to get it sorted with about fifteen minutes to spare: thanks, crewing...

I picked up Lily "on the way home" (not really) and then popped into the blinds place to confirm my order of a media blind.  I had to take Lily inside with me as there was nowhere to tie her up outside, but neither of the staff seemed to mind at all!  (I did apologise and say I could come back some other time if they preferred.)

Once home, I slept for a couple of hours and then spent the rest of the day resting and dousing myself in aloe gel.  Now it is Friday, and I'm about to head into the city for a nerve conduction study on my left arm, to see what is going on with the nerves from the issues with my neck.  Watch this space.  (But not too closely) 

And finally, here is a picture of the "chandelier" at the pub in Auckland where we had our final supper.

You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment