Saturday, February 18, 2017

Lily

Oh Lily, Lily.  You are two today, which means it is almost two years (minus eight weeks) ago that I met you.  I still remember the first time I saw a photo of you, you were so tiny with a little pink collar.  

 
Two weeks old

I picked you up from the airport on April 15, the day I got home from my command sim.  You were just a little handful of fluff and you shook in my hands the entire drive home.  

 
First vet visit

On your first day at puppy training you hid behind my ankles the entire time, so fearful of other dogs - yet so incredibly enthusiastic about meeting new humans.  Humans are truly your very favourite things (well maybe a close second to your blue massage ball). You get so excited when people come over, you bark and bark and then flop onto your belly with your tail wagging at a million miles per hour.

First hair cut 

You love to cuddle on the couch with new visitors, and unless you're told off, you lick them obsessively.  When told off, your big black puppy dog eyes stare reproachfully.  You are very obedient but ever so dumb when it comes to things that you don't want to learn, like shaking hands.  I've been saying "shake" before every meal for three months, and you still won't lift that paw off the ground!

 
After surgery

It's first thing in the morning that you're the most adorable.  You want to snuggle and if I say no you grunt and manoeuvre yourself closer and closer until you're snuggling anyway.  No more lie ins for me, but I can't say I mind, as I do like being wanted!

 
Pink hair play

This last year, you have been the perfect therapy dog, I don't know how I would have got through it without you.  You always love me, it doesn't matter what day it is, or what mood I'm in, you are a constantly loving ball of fluff ready for cuddles - and endless licks (which habit we are trying to break!).  I don't feel so alone when you're there, and you always listen.

 
Helping me move out

I'm sorry I forgot to post this until the day after your birthday, but you are a dog you know, so I don't think you'll even realise, to be honest...

No comments:

Post a Comment