Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Chocolate Drama

An eventful 24hours with Lily, a welcome home present, perhaps?  Retaliation for my leaving her again so soon?  Either way, while I was at work she did this:



It was in my suitcase, unopened.  125g of milk chocolate (minus the 16% caramel chips).  I didn't even get a taste.

Anyway, a trip to Emergency ensued and she spent the last 20h there.  Induced vomiting, activated charcoal, an IV and heart medication to slow down her racing heart.  Now she is just fine, but with strict instructions for NO boisterous activities due to the heart thing.

I went to visit her this morning and she was cute but pitiful.





It's ever so nice to have her home - howbeit $958 later!  Thankfully I should get 80% back with pet insurance.

Oh, and mere minutes after we get home I find her licking the carpet in my bedroom where she ate the chocolate!  What a brat!


Finally asleep in the comfort of my bed. 

1 comment:

  1. So, it wasn't any old choc either
    - clearly Lily has Taste!

    ReplyDelete