Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Zurich Flughaven

Having laughed at B for his flight being delayed an hour only to find that mine was also delayed an hour is, I suppose, karma.  I am so ready to be away from this place!  I actually enjoyed Zurich, and Switzerland in general but I am oh so happy to be done with simulators - and training for the next ten days at least!

I also feel sorry for my dear brothers who now have to pick me up at midnight.  Sorry, boys!  

Four weeks is all it took, start to finish, for the type rating.  Simon told us yesterday that they had the option for the full seven week course and requested the condensed one!  I am quite relieved that I didn't have to stay here for seven weeks but it was incredibly intense over just four.  

Add on to that the JG company sims, and I am truly exhausted.  We finished our TR on Monday and then JG sims were Tues & today.  I got up at 0600 on Tuesday after my 2300 finish (so 0100 sleep) on Monday and studied for five hours to prep for the Instrument Proficiency Check.  My lovely sim partner chose not to prepare at all.  It showed.  It is impossible to use company procedures when only one person has learnt any!

We finished up today a little early and made it back to the apartment at 1430, only to find that we were locked out as the door code had expired - a long story. We ended up buying lunch at the Coop and beer and spending the next hour hanging out in the stairwell.  

I am now sitting in Zurich Flughaven, as mentioned previously, which of course means Zurich Airport, and am waiting to board the Aer Fungus flight to Dublin.  I only even allowed myself to get excited today.  Initially it just felt so far away and there was so much to do in Swiss Land, that I couldn't even think about it.  The last few days have been so incredibly busy that I haven't had the chance to think about it!  And now, the flight is delayed!  GAHHH!!!

Anyway that's the latest update... and all I have to say... 


No comments:

Post a Comment