Saturday, August 12, 2017

Guernsey

Waking up this morning to see the weather in Guernsey was 200m visbility, overcast at one hundred feet, light drizzle and fog, I was worried that our day might be ruined, but for once in its life the forecast improvement late morning was actually right.

I drove to Dunkeswell slightly early as I was afraid of being late - and popped in to the WWII remembrance centre to have a look around.  Unfortunately it needed a lot more time than the 15 minutes I had, so I shall return another day.


This is an airfield that the USAF flew out of (mainly B24s) from 1942 onwards to do raids on U-boats in the Atlantic.  Pretty cool little centre.

On to the real reason for my early arrival, I then hurried back to the flying club to sort out the aircraft's in/out paperwork and landing fee, by which time Terry had landed and we headed out to the Bonanza.


Terry and I, complete with life jackets.


An obligatory V-tail photo.

Here I must pause as the Bristol Airport Wifi is unlikely to support a multiple-photo post.

No comments:

Post a Comment