Sunday, August 20, 2017

Flying


 
They let me sit in it, technically for four flights, but I left after two because that jumpseat is no good for my back, butt, or my sanity.  Also the headset was heavy and made my neck hurt.  Also I wanted leftover tacos for dinner and staying at work until 2200 wasn't in the game plan.

Annoyingly we were limited to FL250 (or 25,000' for the uninitiated) because of an equipment failure, which was annoying because the ATR is also limited to FL250 and I really wanted to go higher.

AND, it climbs beautifully beautifully well, through FL200 we were climbing at 4500fpm and it made my heart glad.  Yay for performance.

Now I have three days to study before my first actual training day on Thursday - and three days to ponder whether I really really really need to spend $1395 on a headset.  I'd be foolish to not look after my neck though 😑

No comments:

Post a Comment