Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I just ran 5k, which is the furthest I've ever run without stopping.  I did it in 30:05, set at 10kph, 6 minute k's, which went slightly over because the treadmill had to speed up.  I ended up having to run 30 seconds a bit faster due to that as well - and still ran very slightly below my goal of 30 minutes.  Still happy though, although even with an incline of 0, the last kilometre was torture, and my muscles are now complaining !

I only use a treadmill when I'm on overnights - apparently it can help to alternate between real running and treadmill running, for training, as per the physio, so the 4 or 5 times a month I get to use one, I try to make the most of it.  Ok... not always.

I'm in Rockhampton, by the way, and I didn't take any photos.  However last night there was a lunar eclipse with a forecasted blood moon, and although people on the ground only got a good view of the undersides of clouds, we spent 20 minutes over Maleny, going around in circles, watching the shadow slowly engulf the moon.  It got about half-way across before we left Maleny and descended into Brisbane.  Thanks, BAC for the extended holding... it was quite interesting for once!  Unfortunately even iphones don't take good pictures of the moon, in partial eclipse or otherwise, so I didn't even attempt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment